Friday, February 22, 2019

Kangen 2.5 pH Water (Hypochlorous Acid) for Pet Wounds - The same key ingredient that's in Vetericyn


In October of last year, my cat, Bert, developed a really horrible abscess under his chin, while I was gone from home most of the time, taking care of a close friend with stage 4 cancer. I didn't realize he had it until it was really bad. I will post more photos further down the page, so you can see the gradual progression of how quickly the wound healed. I believe the fur was growing back within a month after treating it mainly with one simple thing that cost me about 25 cents (it sells for $200 per gallon online). But I didn't take the "after" (healed) picture until the 2-month point because I was extremely busy, because of what had been going on with my friend with cancer.




I sprayed Bert's abscess with hypochlorous acid (aka Kangen 2.5 pH water) made from our Enagic SD-501 Platinum (If you want to learn more about it, you can see more info on this page). 

I want to point out that there are many other water ionizers that make "acidic water," but it is not hypochlorous acid (a medical grade disinfectant that kills every pathogen I've ever looked up - including FIV, FeLV, HIV, MRSA, e. Coli, anthrax, antibiotic-resistant bacteria, strep, staph, C. Diff, hepatitis... you name it, this stuff kills it... better than bleach). In my opinion, this machine should be used in every hospital and veterinary clinic in the country. 

Hypochlorous acid (HOCl) is truly like a miracle liquid.  HOCl is made by the neutrophils in your immune system to kill bacteria and other pathogens, better than bleach, yet it can also help a wound to heal very quickly. Hypochlorous acid is the key ingredient in Vetericyn (recommended by Cesar Milan... who also has an SD-501 Platinum in his kitchen!)

Anyway... here are the photos of Bert's abscess. Warning, some of them are pretty bad looking, but I feel grateful that it healed so quickly. I'm posting the full-resolution photos so that people can see the details of how bad this wound was. I'm planning to show these pics to a few veterinarians as well. 


10-21-18

The day I discovered Bert's abscess. Poor baby, his whole lower jaw area seemed to be swollen : (. 

He was being a real trooper, not squirming too much while I took all these pics. ðŸ’“  I took a lot.








10-27-18

This is six days after I started spraying the abscess. I would have taken more photos but things were pretty chaotic while I was helping my friend in the hospital.  I realize there is a lot of gunky fur stuck to the bare skin around Bert's wound, but I chose not to mess with it, and think it was for the best, because it just went away on its own, as new fur grew back in. 





Sorry, I know this one looks really, really bad. 
Poor Bert!

















10-28-18

I could no longer see pus at the top of the wound, and it seemed to heal quickly after this (I did continue spraying it a few more times). I was so busy around this time, this was the last day I took photos (that I can find) until his fur had already grown back in. But if I find more, I will be sure to post them here. 

I know this photo below is REALLY gross but I'm posting some of these pics in high resolution so you can see how awesome it is that it completely healed.






Full size:





It's probably a good thing that my naked eye couldn't see there was a black hair entangled in this wound, or I would have felt compelled to tweeze it out.







10-17-19 Update: Earlier this week, I found some photos (the next 3, taken on 10-31 and 11-5) that I had apparently forgotten I had taken... they had gotten buried on a hard drive. So I'm adding them, below.

10-31-18






11-5-18


I wish I'd taken a few more photos than this, showing how the fur was slowly growing back in, but things were pretty chaotic at that time, so this is all I have. 

Again, here is the before and after pic of Bert's wound, showing how well it had healed, by Christmas day (just over 2 months after I started treating it ). And again, I do believe that it was probably healed sooner than this (maybe closer to the 6-week mark), but this is the first photo I took after I saw the wound had healed completely. 




These are some more recent pics (taken 2-11-19) of the same area where the wound was. He does usually wear a collar with a fairly large nametag, so I believe that is why his fur looks flat in the collar area. 




Here's a photo of Bert, taken on 2/16.  He actually slipped and fell recently, on a very rainy day, and had an injured back leg that is still healing.  But I've been giving him Kangen drinking water, PEMF (you can read about PEMF technology, here) and a good amount of chia seeds in his wet food with probiotics (I have a whole recipe on this page)....plus, I try to give him extra attention... and he's doing great! He turns 16 this in May : ).





If you live in my area and have a pet that develops a bad wound, I am supposed to tell you that you should take your pet to a veterinarian. However, if you would like to try some hypochlorous acid (or alkaline antioxidant water), I am happy to share it with you as well.  

Just bring a glass bottle to store it in your fridge, and also a cooler (a soft cooler with an ice pack is fine) that is big enough to hold the bottle and keep it cool while you take it home. You need to store it in the fridge when you get home. For the drinking water, you can just bring any gallon-sized bottle, though glass is always the best (it's just heavy). 

For the HOCl, you can bring any small, air tight glass jar (like a small pickle jar) and transport it when needed, to a small dark glass spray bottle (which you can get from Whole Foods for less than $5). It's best to keep the rest of the HOCl in the other glass container that is air tight (HOCl reacts with oxygen, and will lose it's efficacy sooner, in a spray bottle). 

Let me know if you have any questions!

Laura
650-735-1599
(If you get my voicemail, please leave me a message and I will call you back).



No comments:

Post a Comment